New English Slang Phrase

Hi.....

I have been working really hard on making and finding the best English learning material in the world.  It's hard work but I know it will be useful for people.  That is what keeps me going.  I never want to quit.

I'll tell you a little story from my personal life. 

I spoke on the phone with my friend who is presently pursuing MBA from LPU and he asked me about the meaning of some cool slang phrase.  I wanted to share this with you because I know it's so common and useful.  You will see it in movies and hear native speakers using this phrase a lot.  Now you will understand.

It's not what it's cracked up to be:  If something isn't what it's "cracked up to be" it means that you think it's not as good as most people say it is.
 
Here are 2 examples:

I thought that movie was pretty boring.  It wasn't what it was cracked up to be.  

That restaurant was too expensive and the food wasn't as good as it's cracked up to be.  I suggest you go to a different place and meet different kinds of people.

I know that English isn't your first language but I'm really thinking about how I can make My English like a real native speaker.  

I hope you enjoyed that phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kindly visiting my blog. Leave your comments. I will appreciate your comments as I always do.